Thursday, December 31, 2009

So, What's the Point?

I figure explaining why I'm starting a blog in 2010 is as good of a way to begin my writing as any. There are several reasons why I've decided to start putting my thoughts and opinions to this page:

1. I admit there is a certain level of narcissism involved. If I didn't think my opinions were at least worth reading and thinking about, I wouldn't bother sharing them.

2. To a certain extent, I'm doing this as a type of mental time capsule. I want to look back a few months from now and see what I was thinking.

3. Everything that I write about will hopefully be open for debate. If you disagree, let me know on here or in person.

4. I enjoy writing, and don't really get the chance to do it much these days.

5. I'm a geek. It's how I roll.

This isn't going to be a LiveJournal styled diary. I plan on focusing mainly on my interests of music, sports, movies, and the like. From time to time I'll give my take on a political issue, but I'm not looking to go super heavy here. Like I said, if you read something you like, let me know. If you read something you don't like, let me know.

With that said, here.... we..... go.

No comments:

Post a Comment