Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Favorite Albums of 2009

2009 had some great albums released in its 365 days. I was originally planning on doing a countdown, but with all the differences amongst the bands, I'm not sure it's appropriate to do so. I also don't want to label this a "best of" list, because although I do listen to a ton of music, I haven't heard nearly enough of the stuff that came out to have a definitive answer as to the best. I'm sure there were some bands that flew below my radar that put out killer music.

I was planning on writing up why I liked each album, but that seemed kind of pointless. Each album had great songs, no filler, and kicked my ass at some point in 2009.

If you like these albums, support these artists by buying their music or better yet by seeing them live.


-Mastodon, Crack The Skye












"Oblivion"
"The Czar"

-Baroness, Blue Record













"A Horse Called Golgotha"
"The Sweetest Curse"

-The Devin Townsend Project, Addicted



"Bend It Like Bender!"
"Hyperdrive!"
"In-Ah!"

-Alice In Chains, Black Gives Way To Blue












"Check My Brain"
"Your Decision"

-Megadeth, Endgame












"Endgame"
"Bite The Hand"

-Scale The Summit, Carving Desert Canyons












"The Great Plains"
"City in the Sky"

-Isis, Wavering Radiant












"20 Minutes/40 Years"
"Hall of the Dead"

No comments:

Post a Comment