Monday, December 27, 2010

Resolutions for 2011

While it's true that the failure rate of New Year's Resolutions is notoriously high, I've decided this year to give them a shot. Because of the failure rate, I'm putting these out there so that on one hand, I have them all in written form (which means no moving of the goal posts as we get rolling into 2011), and on the other, others can see what I've set out to do. This means that it's easy to check up and make sure I'm keeping on keeping on towards completing these goals in 2011.

Commitment to my Body
1. 2010 saw my long sought after goal of breaking back into the 150s (158.9 lbs) finally reached. Now that I've proven I can cut fat, I want to add muscle. By the end of 2011, I'd like to add five to ten pounds of muscle onto my frame.

2. To accomplish my previous goal, I'm committing to exercising five days a week. This can be done either by working out at the Gracie gym (BJJ, boxing, muay thai), Anytime Fitness (weight lifting or treadmill), or by running out on the trail.

3. Instead of running on fumes by the end of the week, I'm going to try and get at least seven hours of sleep a night, with the ultimate goal of getting as close to eight hours a night as possible.

4. While my diet is much better than it used to be, there is still room for improvement. In 2011 I want to cut down on the amount I eat out, and when I do eat out, I want to pick healthier meal options. I also am going to work harder to ensure that I eat a healthy breakfast, and incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my daily fuel intake. I also want to add probiotics and some additional vitamins into my daily regiment.

5. I am sick of wearing glasses. At some point of 2011, I want to finally commit to getting contact lenses so I no longer have to wear my glasses.

Commitment to my Mind
6. I want to learn how to meditate. Combined with this, I want to try going into an isolation tank.

7. Each night before I go to bed, I want to read for at least fifteen minutes.

Commitment to my Future
8. I need to figure out what I want to do with my future in teaching and take active steps in accomplishing whatever I decide to pursue (endorsements or certification in other states).

Commitment to Others
9. I want to volunteer some of time to help out somewhere, probably at an animal shelter.

10. I don't let the people in my life who matter to me know that they do so nearly enough. I want to improve on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment